We all know that the production of DC Films’ upcoming standalone film The Flash is surrounded by controversies, because of its lead actor Ezra Miller. Albeit these controversies, it appears that DC and their parent company Warner Bros. Discovery have decided to wrap the shoot of the film.
An exclusive report from The Wrap states that Miller had gone back to the set of The Flash last week to film additional pickup shots. An industry insider additionally told the outlet that production on the film was moving smoothly. The film, directed by Andy Muschietti – known for his work on the It horror film series – is also set to star Ron Livingston, Kiersey Clemons, Michael Shannon, Ben Affleck, and Michael Keaton, the latter two both reprising their prior roles as Batman. The Flash is expected to be a soft reset of the DC Extended Universe timeline. A logline for the film says that the plot will see Barry Allen (Miller) going back in time across multiple multiverses to try and save his mother, which ends up having unintended consequences.
Despite the controversies, the film has not been pushed back, and is still scheduled for its June 23, 2023 release date.